Connect with us

Watford vs Manchester United match preview and prediction

watford vs manchester united

Match Previews

Watford vs Manchester United match preview and prediction

Manchester United are seeking to extend their six-match unbeaten run and close the gap on fourth-placed Chelsea, who are currently four points ahead.

Watford head coach Nigel Pearson takes charge of his first home match looking to secure the Hornets’ first Vicarage Road victory of the season.

Watford vs Manchester United
Sunday, 22nd December, 2019
3:00 PM (WAT)
Watford
Vicarage Road

Referee: Lee Mason | Assistants: Scott Ledger & Simon Long | Fourth Official: Graham Scott | VAR: Martin Atkinson | Assistant VAR: Stephen Child

Did You Know?

After going six league games unbeaten against Manchester United between 1984-1986 (W2 D4), Watford has lost 14 of their last 15 against the Red Devils in the top-flight (W1).

Watford Team News

Former Manchester United players Tom Cleverley and Danny Welbeck will miss out against their former club on Sunday.

Wasteful finishing proved Watford’s downfall against Liverpool last weekend but Nigel Pearson may stick with the same XI.

Manchester United Team News

Mason Greenwood failed to pile further pressure on Anthony Martial’s starting spot in midweek and is expected to settle for a place on the bench here.

Paul Pogba remains sidelined for Manchester United, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer set to name an unchanged XI from last weekend’s 1-1 draw with Everton.

Juan Mata and Andreas Pereira are in competition with Jesse Lingard for a starting berth in attacking midfield.

Top Players To Watch

Gerard Deulofeu [25yrs] born in Spain.
Shirt Number 7, Attacking Midfielder capable of both Left & Right.
14 Premier League Appearance, 2 Goals, and 2 Assists

rashford

Marcus Rashford [22yrs] born in Manchester, England.
Shirt Number 10, Centre Foward capable of both Left & Right wings.
17 Premier League Appearance, 10 Goals, and 4 Assists

Head To Head

Manchester UnitedSaturday 30 March 2019
2-1
Watford
Watford Saturday 15 September 2018
1-2
Manchester United
Manchester UnitedSunday 13 May 2018
1-0
Watford
WatfordTuesday 28 November 2017
2-4
Manchester United
Manchester UnitedSaturday 11 February 2017
2-0
Watford

Prediction

According to past match statistics, there is a 22% chance for Watford to win, 25% for a Draw and 53% for Manchester United to win.

Bet On Manchester United Win or Draw




Share post on



Am a big fan of Manchester United FC right from birth β˜ΊπŸ˜‰. I love soccer, i love my Club Manchester United FC... 😍😘

More in Match Previews

Page Title
 

Calendar

August 2020
M T W T F S S
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  
To Top