Connect with us

Manchester United vs Newcastle United match preview and prediction

manchester united vs newcastle united

Match Previews

Manchester United vs Newcastle United match preview and prediction

The Red Devils will target an immediate response after their defeat at bottom club Watford while the Magpies look to secure a fourth win in five.

Goal difference alone separates Manchester United and Newcastle United, who sit in eighth and ninth spot respectively on 25 points.

Manchester United vs Newcastle United
Thursday 26th December 2019
6:30 PM (WAT)
Manchester
Old-Trafford

Referee: Kevin Friend | Assistants: Adrian Holmes & Darren Cann | Fourth Official: Oliver Langford | VAR: Mike Dean | Assistant VAR: Ian Hussin

Do You Know?

Manchester United have lost just one of their last 34 top-flight home meetings with Newcastle United (W24 D9), going down 0-1 in December 2013 under David Moyes.

Manchester United Team News

Paul Pogba made his comeback from injury as a substitute in Manchester United’s 2-0 defeat to Watford on Sunday and he is expected to start on Boxing Day.

Jesse Lingard, Fred or Scott McTominay could make room for the Frenchman in midfield.

Mason Greenwood will surely get the nod to start ahead of one of Daniel James or Anthony Martial on Boxing Day.

Ashley Young or Brandon Williams will fancy their chances of replacing Luke Shaw at left-back too.

David de Gea made another howler at the weekend but should start here.

Marcos Rojo and Diogo Dalot are closing in on first-team returns.

Newcastle United Team News

Jonjo Shelvey and Miguel Almiron made their comebacks from injury in Newcastle’s 1-0 win over Crystal Palace, with the latter scoring his first goal for the club.

Florian Lejeune turned in a strong performance on his comeback from another long-term knee injury at the weekend.

In an ideal world, Steve Bruce may hold Lejeune back here given the quick turnaround between matches but injuries are limiting his options.

Paul Dummett suffered a groin injury against Palace and is likely to miss out on Boxing Day. Bruce will hope Jetro Willems recovers from a knock in time to return.

Former Manchester United target Sean Longstaff could come into midfield to provide fresh legs if Bruce feels that is necessary.

Top Players To Watch

Marcus Rashford [22yrs] born in Manchester, England.
Shirt Number 10, Centre Foward capable of both Left & Right wings.
18 Premier League Appearance, 10 Goals, and 4 Assists

Jonjo Shelvey [27yrs] born in England.
Shirt Number 8, Midfielder.
12 Premier League Appearance, 5 Goals, and 0 Assists

Head To Head

Newcastle UnitedSunday 6 October 2019
1-0
Manchester United
Newcastle UnitedWednesday 2 January 2019
0-2
Manchester United
Manchester UnitedSaturday 6 October 2018
3-2
Newcastle United
Newcastle United Sunday 11 February 2018
1-0
Manchester United
Manchester UnitedSaturday 18 November 2017
4-1
Newcastle United

Prediction

According to past match statistics, there is a 70% chance for Manchester United to win, 19% for a Draw and 11% for Newcastle United to win.

Bet On Manchester United Win or Draw & Over 1.5 Goals




Share post on



Am a big fan of Manchester United FC right from birth β˜ΊπŸ˜‰. I love soccer, i love my Club Manchester United FC... 😍😘

More in Match Previews

Page Title
 

Calendar

March 2020
M T W T F S S
« Dec    
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031  
To Top