Connect with us

Manchester United vs Leicester City match preview & prediction


Manchester United vs Leicester City match preview & prediction

Manchester United are seeking a first win in four Premier League matches as they host a Leicester City side sitting five spots above them in third place.

Fact You Need To Know! Leicester can remain unbeaten after their first five league matches for only the second time in the last 19 seasons. In the previous campaign when they did so, they went on to win the Premier League title.

Match Info

Manchester United vs Leicester City
Date: Saturday 14th September 2019
Kick-Off: 3:00 PM (WAT)
Location: Manchester
Venue: Old Trafford Stadium

Match Officials

Referee: Martin Atkinson
Assistants: Lee Betts & Constantine Hatzidakis
Fourth Official: Jarred Gillett
VAR: Stuart Attwell
Assistant VAR: Peter Kirkup

After winning only one of their first four Premier League home matches against Leicester (D2 L1), Man Utd have won eight of the last nine, drawing the other.

Marcus Rashford has scored three Premier League goals against Leicester. Against no side has he netted more in the competition.

Brendan Rodgers’ only Premier League victory at Old Trafford was a 3-0 win with Liverpool in March 2014. He could become the third manager to win at Man Utd in the competition with two clubs, after Martin O’Neill with Leicester and Aston Villa, and Rafael Benitez with Liverpool and Chelsea.

Manchester United Team News

Paul Pogba (France), Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Jesse Lingard (both England) were all forced to withdraw from national-team duty due to injury or illness, while Luke Shaw and Anthony Martial missed our last Premier League fixture, away to Southampton.

“I can’t promise any of them will be on the pitch but we’ll try to get one or two more on the bench,” Ole told MUTV.

“Let’s see when we get to the game. Maybe next weekend [at West Ham United], we’ll have more of them back. That’s how it is in football and why we have loads of quality and numbers and we’re fine.”

In his press conference, the boss elaborated and explained that Pogba and Martial look certain to be out of the Leicester clash but could return for the West Ham trip. Wan-Bissaka and Lingard are battling to be available for Saturday.

“Well, the treatment room has been busy and still is,” he added. “We don’t really know who is going to be available. Maybe Aaron, maybe Jesse and I think maybe that’s it from the ones that had to pull out [of the internationals], but I can’t promise those two will be available either.

”Pogba won’t be fit, no, unless he’s had a miraculous recovery overnight from yesterday to today or maybe from tonight to tomorrow. He’s not been ready to do 100 percent training, no. We hope, as I’ve said, that more can be ready for West Ham next week and Paul and Anthony are in that category. I think they’ll be ready for then and I can’t say more than that really.

“Leicester is always a tough game. There’s a team, a club wanting to push into the top four I’m sure. They’ve got good players, a very good manager that’s a proven top manager. Brendan’s teams always play good football and we know we’ve got to play well to deserve the three points.”

Leicester City Team News

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers reported a clean bill of health following the first international break of the season.

“They’ve all come back, all fine, and all fit and well,” Rodgers said on the Foxes’ official website. “The training squad is super competitive and everyone is fighting, not just to play, but also to be in the matchday squad.”

Former Reds Academy graduate Matty James is sidelined, though, after an operation on his Achilles tendon.

Last 5 Recent Meetings

Leicester City0-1Manchester United
Manchester United2-1Leicester City
Leicester City2-2Manchester United
Manchester United2-0Leicester City
Leicester City0-3Manchester United

Manchester United vs Leicester City Match Prediction

Manchester United have a 48% chance to win, 28% for a draw and 24% for Crystal Palace to win.
Prediction: Manchester United Win or Draw

Share post on

Am a big fan of Manchester United FC right from birth ☺😉. I love soccer, i love my Club Manchester United FC... 😍😘

More in News

Page Title


August 2020
To Top