Connect with us

Manchester United vs Crystal Palace match preview & prediction

Match Previews

Manchester United vs Crystal Palace match preview & prediction

Manchester United host Crystal Palace looking to defend their unbeaten record against the Eagles in the Premier League.

Palace is targeting their first-ever Premier League victory over Man Utd, after 20 previous attempts (D4 L16). It is the most a team has faced another without winning in the competition.

Fact You Need To Know! Manchester United is undefeated in their last 12 home league matches against Crystal Palace (W11 D1), dating back to 1989. The Red Devils have kept clean sheets in 11 of those meetings.

Match Info

Manchester United vs Crystal Palace
Date: Saturday 24th August 2019
Kick-Off: 3:00 PM (WAT)
Location: Manchester
Venue: Old Trafford Stadium
Referee: Paul Tierney
Assistants: Eddie Smart & Adrian Holmes
Fourth Official: Mike Dean
VAR: Craig Pawson
Assistant VAR: Dan Robathan

Clubs from London have won only 16 of their 152 Premier League matches at Old Trafford, the lowest win rate for teams from the capital at an away ground at 11 percent.

Anthony Martial could become the fourth player to score in each of Man Utd’s first three matches of a Premier League campaign, after Dwight Yorke in 1999/00, Ruud van Nistelrooy in 2005/06 and Wayne Rooney in 2011/12.

Manchester United Team News

Eric Bailly continues to be sidelined for United, as the Ivorian recovers from a long-term knee injury sustained during pre-season.

Aaron Wan-Bissaka will line up against his boyhood club for the first time since leaving over the summer.

The only other doubt for the Reds is Alexis Sanchez, who is building up his fitness after a busy summer of international commitments with Chile.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will provide an update on the squad in his pre-match press conference, which will be screened on MUTV on Friday.

Crystal Palace Team News

As for the visitors, James Tomkins and Mamadou Sakho remain on the treatment table with injuries picked up in the previous campaign.

Tomkins hasn’t featured for the Eagles since undergoing surgery on his groin in April, while Sakho continues his recuperation after suffering a knee injury in February.

Head – 2 – Head
Manchester UnitedTotal MatchesCrystal Palace
W 16, H 9, D 4, 7 A20W 0, H 0, D 4, 0 A

Manchester United vs Crystal Palace has played a total of 20 matches with a total of 4 Draws in which Manchester United Won 16 at both Home and Away. And Crystal Palace Won 0 at both Home and away.

Last 3 Recent Meetings
Crystal Palace1-3Manchester United
Manchester United0-0Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace2-3Manchester United

Manchester United vs Crystal Palace Match Prediction

Manchester United have a 70% chance to win, 20% for a draw and 10% for Crystal Palace to win.
Prediction:- Manchester United Win

Share post on

Am a big fan of Manchester United FC right from birth β˜ΊπŸ˜‰. I love soccer, i love my Club Manchester United FC... 😍😘

More in Match Previews

Page Title


News Headline


December 2019
« Nov    
To Top