Arsenal will hope to leapfrog Manchester United and move into the top four when they host Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side, who lie a place and a point above them.
Arsenal vs Manchester United
League: English Premier League [EPL]
Date: Sundday 10th March 2019
Kick-Off: 5:30 PM (WAT)
Stadium: Emirates Stadium, London [Arsenal]
Referee: Jonathan Moss
Assistants: Simon Bennett & Marc Perry
Fourth Official: Martin Atkinson
Fact You Need To Know! Only Manchester City, with 42, have won more points in home matches this season than Arsenal’s 38. But Manchester United’s 29 away points are bettered only Spurs and Liverpool, with 33 and 32 respectively. We have met Arsenal more often than any other opponent. In fact, Sunday will be our 200th league meeting with the Gunners; the first, in October 1894, ended 3-3.
Nine of Arsenal’s 13 PL victories over Man Utd have come on a Sunday.
Alexandre Lacazette can become only the second Arsenal player to score in six consecutive PL home matches, after Thierry Henry, and the first at Emirates Stadium.
Paul Pogba has missed three PL penalties this season and could become the first to miss four in a campaign.
Arsenal Team News
Prior to Thursday’s 3-1 first-leg defeat at Rennes in the Europa League, the Gunners were showing signs of recovery from an indifferent winter period.
They have brought themselves back into top-four contention after taking 10 points from the last 12 on offer, only dropping two in last weekend’s entertaining North London derby against Tottenham Hotspur.
After that 1-1 draw at Wembley and the Reds’ subsequent win over Southampton, Unai Emery’s men are fifth in the table and one point behind United.
Manchester United Team News
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s squad has been boosted by the return of Paul Pogba from suspension after the Frenchman had to sit out Wednesday night’s Champions League tie at the Parc des Princes.
The Norwegian suggested in his pre-match press conference that Anthony Martial, Nemanja Matic and Ander Herrera could be involved and revealed that Eric Bailly is okay after suffering a heavy challenge from PSG’s Marco Verratti on Wednesday evening.
There were no updates on the fitness of former Gunners star Alexis Sanchez, Jesse Lingard or Juan Mata; however Lingard was pictured in training on Friday morning.
Arsenal vs Manchester United Quick Review
- Arsenal have won two of their last three Premier League home games against Manchester United (L1), as many as they had in their previous eight against them (W2 D3 L3).
- Manchester United haven’t won back-to-back away league games against Arsenal since a run of three between 1983-84 and 1985-86. This was also the last time the Red Devils won three in a row at the Gunners in all competitions.
- Nine of Arsenal’s 13 Premier League victories over Manchester United have been in games played on a Sunday (three on Saturday, one on Wednesday).
- Arsenal have only lost twice at home against an opponent in a season on two occasions – against Nottingham Forest in 1987-88 and Aston Villa in 1993-94.
- Only Man City (42) have won more points in Premier League home games than Arsenal this season (38). Meanwhile, only Spurs (33) and Liverpool (32) have won more away points than Manchester United (29).
Arsenal vs Manchester United
Tip :- Over 1.5 Goals